I have trained my Google Assistant to know that my favorite band is Rush. Is there a way to use tasker so I could ask the phone to play a song from my favorite bad? I'm using this as an example of trying to teach it a if/then kind of thing and I don't even know if this is possible.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt
    03-09-2018 11:13 AM
    You can! (Or at least I think you can for the smart speaker, not sure why it wouldn't work on Assistant, though, since they're pretty much the same back end). BUT I don't think Tasker has a plug in for that, so you might have to use IFTTT for it. Basically create a custom trigger and have it play you something by that band.
    03-09-2018 12:18 PM
    Figure out a way for Tasker to go through your music tracks, one at a time and, if the band is Rush, play that track. (You might need a tag editor that outputs what it reads - I don't think there's a plugin to read tags. If there isn't anything, you might email support@joaoapps.com, the Auto developer, and ask if he can create one.)
    03-09-2018 12:42 PM