I want to use my note 5 for videoing myself. But I want to be able to monitor the shot. Is there any way I can teather the phone to a small monitor, or even a big one. Maybe a laptop.

I tried amirror app but it sucked. Plus I'm going to be using a wireless mic so I'm not sure if wifi would interfere.

I really could use some suggestions.
    03-18-2018 09:16 PM
    SideSync would be the easiest route. You will see the screen on a PC. You can also use mirroring to a TV if it supports wireless display. Unfortunately the note 5 does not support MHL connections so a physical HDMI one is not possible. You can also use VNC apps to access the phone through a pc and see the contents on a monitor.
    03-18-2018 10:35 PM
    SodeSync would be the easiest route. You will see the screen on a PC. You can also use mirroring to a TV if it supports wireless display. Unfortunately the note 5 does not support MHL connections so a physical HDMI one is not possible. You can also use VNC apps to access the phone through a pc and see the contents on a monitor.

Do you mean samsung "sidesync"
    03-18-2018 10:46 PM
    Sidesync is a program Samsung has had for a few years to mirror your phone screen to a PC and have access to control the phone from the PC. It made responding to notifications, viewing and sharing files, and other tasks possible from your PC.

I'm able to do exactly what your trying to do right now with my S7 and Surface Pro 3. Windows 10 has a connect app built in, my S7 has Samsung connect. All I need to do is open Connect on my Surface, then on my phone pull down the drop down menu and toggle Samsung Connect. I get a pop up on my phone displaying available connections and I click on my Surface and it connects.
    03-19-2018 01:01 AM
    Yup. Sorry, corrected now :P Thanks for the heads up!
    03-19-2018 12:08 PM
    Sidesync is a program Samsung has had for a few years to mirror your phone screen to a PC and have access to control the phone from the PC. It made responding to notifications, viewing and sharing files, and other tasks possible from your PC.

I'm able to do exactly what your trying to do right now with my S7 and Surface Pro 3. Windows 10 has a connect app built in, my S7 has Samsung connect. All I need to do is open Connect on my Surface, then on my phone pull down the drop down menu and toggle Samsung Connect. I get a pop up on my phone displaying available connections and I click on my Surface and it connects.

I set up the connect. But the phone can't find the pc. Any tips?

Also. Are you using this for video. If so is there any lag.
    03-19-2018 12:12 PM
    Make sure you're not using any VPNs or if you are, make sure to whitelist SideSync (or check that your PC doesn't have a firewall that's blocking the connection). It would be advisable to first test the connection via USB and then move on to WiFi. I had no issues on mine, however.

Over WiFi, yes, there is lag and it will greatly depend on your router.

Some VNC apps claim to reduce this, so those might also be an option.
    03-22-2018 05:13 PM
    Make sure you're not using any VPNs or if you are, make sure to whitelist SideSync (or check that your PC doesn't have a firewall that's blocking the connection). It would be advisable to first test the connection via USB and then move on to WiFi. I had no issues on mine, however.

Over WiFi, yes, there is lag and it will greatly depend on your router.

Some VNC apps claim to reduce this, so those might also be an option.

What's a VPN,,,lol.
    03-22-2018 05:16 PM
    What's a VPN,,,lol.
    Virtual Private Network. Basically tunneling all your data through a single server, most of the time to avoid 'snooping' on your network or hiding your actual traffic from, say, your ISP (to them, you're sending and receiving data from one single address...it's the VPN server that actually does the data transfer elsewhere for you). Or, for purposes like businesses, it allows you to connect to a private network and connect as if you were in their local network even though your not... but securely.

Sorry, that might have been too much haha if you don't know what it is, chances are you're not using it. But since VPNs catch all data and route it elsewhere, SideSync data wouldn't be able to detect a device in the network because the VPN would 'hide' it. Something similar happens if a Firewall is actively blocking SideSync data packets.
    03-22-2018 05:30 PM