My wife and I both have Galaxy S8. When I activated my S8 I logged in with MY gmail account. When I activated her S8 I logged in with HER gmail account.

Two phones, two separate gmail accounts.

BUT... in order for her and I to share our Google calendar on our phones (which syncs with the default calendar on the S8) I had to ADD my gmail account on her phone and she had to ADD her gmail account on my phone. This way when she adds something to the calendar on her phone, bam, it updates and shows up on the calendar on my phone. Good stuff for a busy family of six.

Also this is good stuff with Google Photos... She takes a picture on her phone while traveling with friends and, bam, I can see the photos on my phone, and vice-versa.

HOW-EV-ER... When either of us travel apart from each other the Google Timeline feature within google maps freaks the hell out. It simultaneously tracks her gmail location AND my gmail location, without separating the two timelines. So while my wife is traveling my daily Google maps timeline looks like this:

Leave home in Houston at 7am to bring kids to school
    7:15am - teleport to a starbucks in Dallas
    7:20am - teleport back to Houston and drop kids off at school
    7:45am - arrive at work in Houston
    8:00am - teleport back to that starbucks in Dallas, then travel the nearest antique store to buy god-knows what
    8:15am - aaaand teleport back to work in Houston

Sooo... how can I separate our timelines? So when I log in to MY gmail account it shows me where MY PHONE has traveled and when I log in to my WIFE'S gmail account it shows me where HER PHONE has traveled.

First-time poster... sorry for the long thread. I appreciate in advance anyone who has actually encountered my exact situation and found a solution they would be willing to share.
    Tim1954, jchapman01 and judex6 like this.
    03-28-2018 10:22 AM
    Take her account off your phone, take your account off her phone. That's what links the phones.

Go to Google Calendar using your account and add her calendar. Go to Google Calendar using her account and add your calendar. Now the calendars will be linked, but the phones won't be.
    Ry, Tim1954 and judex6 like this.
    03-28-2018 11:26 AM
    So while my wife is traveling my daily Google maps timeline looks like this:

Leave home in Houston at 7am to bring kids to school
    7:15am - teleport to a starbucks in Dallas
    7:20am - teleport back to Houston and drop kids off at school
    7:45am - arrive at work in Houston
    8:00am - teleport back to that starbucks in Dallas, then travel the nearest antique store to buy god-knows what
    8:15am - aaaand teleport back to work in Houston
    I'm sorry that I can't help you, but I just wanted to say that is the most epic description of a problem I've seen and thanks for the laugh!

I do hope you get this resolved.
    Tim1954, jchapman01 and judex6 like this.
    03-28-2018 11:59 AM
    Take her account off your phone, take your account off her phone. That's what links the phones.

Go to Google Calendar using your account and add her calendar. Go to Google Calendar using her account and add your calendar. Now the calendars will be linked, but the phones won't be.
    Pretty sure I've tried that before but I will give it another shot... The problem is I don't think google lets you select which individual features you can add an account to, meaning as soon as I do what you recommend and then add her 'gmail' calendar to mine it will sync across all google features, including photos and maps.

But I will test it out and let you know. I really hope you are correct! Cheers
    judex6 likes this.
    03-28-2018 01:29 PM
    Pretty sure I've tried that before but I will give it another shot... The problem is I don't think google lets you select which individual features you can add an account to, meaning as soon as I do what you recommend and then add her 'gmail' calendar to mine it will sync across all google features, including photos and maps.

Add your wife's calendar via her Google account in the web/desktop view of Google Calendar. https://calendar.google.com/calendar/

There's a spot on the left panel to add a friend's calendar.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-28-2018 02:03 PM
    Add your wife's calendar via her Google account in the web/desktop view of Google Calendar. https://calendar.google.com/calendar/

There's a spot on the left panel to add a friend's calendar.

I have setup my mobile and partner's mobiles as you suggest (i.e. by adding a shared calendar rather than being logged in to both phones) but my timeline still includes my partner's activities.

Any further advice? Or at least an explanation for why my account is still picking up their activity?

Thanks.
    judex6 likes this.
    04-04-2019 04:20 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! On her phone, go to Settings>Accounts>Google, and make sure your Google account doesn't show up there as well.
    04-04-2019 10:39 AM

I have the exact same problem and you are right when I take him off one thing it automatically adds him to my phone when I say like try to just add him to my yahoo mail i also transport 40 miles sometimes for only 3 minutes i would love to see you get this resolved
    04-07-2019 08:38 PM

Although I do appreciate this solution I very much would like to have both accounts on my phone and be able to choose for timeline just one of the accounts. Is there now way to have it both ways, there must me something to tell google timeline to use just account A on phone A and account B on phone B having both accounts on both phones??
    Andrew Raynier likes this.
    04-24-2019 03:12 PM
    I did some extra research I think I found it you can leave both accounts on both phones as long as you tell on the google website wher your timeline is visible which devices it should track per account

https://myaccount.google.com/activit...253A17706%26pb
    Andrew Raynier likes this.
    04-24-2019 03:19 PM
    I did some extra research I think I found it you can leave both accounts on both phones as long as you tell on the google website wher your timeline is visible which devices it should track per account

https://myaccount.google.com/activit...253A17706%26pb
    Absolute Godsend! thank you! We always had separate tracking until my wife got a new phone then suddenly I find myself teleporting from her work to home to my work, then the supermarket...

Problem solved - thanks!
    05-24-2019 06:10 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! On her phone, go to Settings>Accounts>Google, and make sure your Google account doesn't show up there as well.
    Hi B. Diddy,

I have checked and my account is not listed.

What next?!

thanks,

nick
    08-21-2019 09:20 AM
    I've checked this setting but still no joy. Arrgh!!
    08-21-2019 09:23 AM
    Just to be clear -- in your Google Maps timeline, you're seeing locations that she was at but you weren't? Is her account on your phone at all?
    08-21-2019 09:41 AM