I'm currently trying to set up a Huawei P10 for myself, and also a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus for my boss.

With both phones, I seem to be running into difficulties in finding a mail app which is able to access the phone's contacts. I start a new email and start typing in the 'To' box ... but it's only auto-completed if the email address is already known to it (i.e. it's received an email from that contact).

I've tried Maildroid and Gmail without success ... I think i was getting somewhere with Outlook on the boss's phone (so many twists and turns in all this I just can't remember!) - but the Outlook app doesn't seem to allow for POP3 accounts, and one of his 3 accounts IS POP3.

I'm not very techy when it comes to smartphones, so if anyone could recommend a decent mail app which will access the phone's contacts automatically (and, ideally, allow a 'bcc to self' rule), I would be extremely grateful!

I'd be happy to pay a little for the app, if it gives me what I'm looking for!
    04-03-2018 09:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps and select the email app. Look at its Permissions -- does it have permission to access Contacts?
    04-03-2018 10:39 AM
    It does indeed - that's what's foxing me!
    04-03-2018 10:54 AM
    Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://thedroidguy.com/2017/04/boot...orials-1072023
    04-03-2018 12:32 PM
    Finally managed to get it to start in Safe Mode but the Gmail app (which is the one I'm currently trying to get to work) won't seem to function in Safe Mode: 'Gmail requires one or more Google Play services that are not currently available. Please contact the developer for assistance'. ?
    04-03-2018 02:17 PM
    That's very strange. I assume this is on the Huawei -- can you try Safe Mode on your boss's S9+? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37190
    04-03-2018 11:27 PM
    I will be seeing him today so I'll try and wrest the phone off him (easier said than done) and let you know!
    04-04-2018 02:05 AM
    I didn't get a chance to check out the boss's phone yesterday (he simply wouldn't let go of it !) but I think I've narrowed down what the problem is - which is not to do with either of the phones or any of the mail apps, but the fact that the contacts are imported to the phones via Google. Apparently it's a known issue that Google has a problem with email addresses, and shoves them all into the Notes section rather than showing them as email addresses!

I think the best solution would be to find a way of exporting contacts from Outlook/importing to phones (and ideally keeping them synced) via a different third party.

I don't know if anyone has any experience of https://www.akruto.com/best-ways-to-...osoft-outlook/ which - according to their publicity at least! - would do the job? Or something else entirely?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-05-2018 10:08 AM