Google calendar but not email?

jjspigland#AC

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
My daughter has a gmail account that we are tracking her calendar on. Is there a way I can sync her gmail calendar but not have her email on my phone? Thanks!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
from the home screen go to menu, settings, accounts and sync and select the account and then uncheck sync gmail.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
From the web, go into her Google calender. Calendar > Share This Calendar. Send it to your gmail account. Then you can see her calendar along with your own calendars on the web or on your phone. My wife and I share our calendars this way. Works like a charm.

Reactions: jjspigland#AC

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
From the web, go into her Google calender. Calendar > Share This Calendar. Send it to your gmail account. Then you can see her calendar along with your own calendars on the web or on your phone. My wife and I share our calendars this way. Works like a charm.

I'm looking at switching to Android from my BB so this is a question I had as well. Right now, my wife and I both have BB's and we use google sync. Our calendars sync via her gmail account. So if I understand correctly, I can get into Android and use my gmail account for email and hers for calendar and sync it both ways? Meaning if I add a calendar entry it will sync to her BB and vise versa? This is one of the big road blocks of switching as I wasn't sure if it was possible.

Thanks!

jjspigland#AC

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

This is EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you!

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at switching to Android from my BB so this is a question I had as well. Right now, my wife and I both have BB's and we use google sync. Our calendars sync via her gmail account. So if I understand correctly, I can get into Android and use my gmail account for email and hers for calendar and sync it both ways? Meaning if I add a calendar entry it will sync to her BB and vise versa? This is one of the big road blocks of switching as I wasn't sure if it was possible.

Thanks!

To share/sync calendars do as I suggested before. One of you can go into the web and create a calendar called "Shared" or something. Then you can share that new calendar with the other person by sending it to their email address using the Google calendar web interface. Then that new "Shared" calendar will show up under both of your accounts. So in your BB or on Android, you will have all of your own unique calendars, and there'll also be sharing a calendar. If you gave the person "edit" permissions, then you both will be able to add, modify and delete events. That should do it for you and you can each use your own gmail accounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterObvious#AC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12