Unknown Icon On Dialer Screen

TapUser

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
Phone is: Samsung J3 Luna Pro

There is an icon on my stock dialer keypad that I don't understand anything about other than it appears to be for voice commands. The Samsung Luna Pro manual only labels it as that, "Voice Commands". There is no other explanation.

If I press it, I get a one-impulse vibration. If I press it again immediately, I get a double-impulse vibration. If I press it once and then wait, I get a double-pulse vibration.

This has something to do with voice dialing, almost certainly. Google keyword searches and image searches come up with nothing. I guess I'm just supposed to know what the function is.

1.) It this a component of the stock Samsung dialer, or a Google component inserted into the dialer keypad as an add-on?

2.) My main question is, where can I read documentation on how to use it, or set it up?

Would someone give me a brief orientation or point me to a link where I can get the details on how this feature is supposed to work?

Screenshot_20180412-184338.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Wow, that manual is really unhelpful, isn't it?:-\ I looked at it and see what you mean -- they tantalize you by pointing out the icon, but proceed to ignore it completely in the rest of the manual.

What happens if you tap it, then say "Call [contact name]"?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski