microsoft authenticator and lock screen

style2k12

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
ok. first of al i am comming from Windows mobile and i think i already regretting it ,
android is just a bad system. so clean as Windows mobile was so messy is android , and i am on android one wich should be a clean system.

anyway. when i install a third party lockscreen app as next sceen , the security settings on android says in security setting that there is no lock screen enabled.
so far ok maybe a glitch or whatever.
but then i install microsoft authenticator. i add my microsoft account and i want to login through Phone the app says i need a screen lock for it to be active????
so the setting says no lock active and now the authenticator also not seein an lock screen, while there realy is a lock screen app and i have enter a pin code every time i turn on the screen???
the standard android lockscreen is just too little for my taste i want more info there so i need an third part lockscreen with more options , but it looks like if i do that i cant use my authenticator full??
how can i solve that if it even can be solved ?????

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
ok. first of al i am comming from Windows mobile and i think i already regretting it ,
android is just a bad system. so clean as Windows mobile was so messy is android , and i am on android one wich should be a clean system.

anyway. when i install a third party lockscreen app as next sceen , the security settings on android says in security setting that there is no lock screen enabled.
so far ok maybe a glitch or whatever.
but then i install microsoft authenticator. i add my microsoft account and i want to login through Phone the app says i need a screen lock for it to be active????
so the setting says no lock active and now the authenticator also not seein an lock screen, while there realy is a lock screen app and i have enter a pin code every time i turn on the screen???
the standard android lockscreen is just too little for my taste i want more info there so i need an third part lockscreen with more options , but it looks like if i do that i cant use my authenticator full??
how can i solve that if it even can be solved ?????
You need to keep a secure lockscreen behind rhe lockscreen app. Next lockscreen only creates a virtual lock, but it does not create a lock on thr system itself. Open Next Lockscreen from the app drawer, then in its settings select screenlock, then set it to system. Then put a passcode or pin code. Authenticator apps won't work without the system locked. Then make sure fingerprint is active for next.

style2k12

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
tnx did that ,
but what is the use of lockscreens apps then? i mean when now i unlock it with pincode it shows next lockscreen for not even a second and goes into android , so i might as wel disable next screen or any other third party lockscreen app ???
not understanding the logic behind it realy.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
tnx did that ,
but what is the use of lockscreens apps then? i mean when now i unlock it with pincode it shows next lockscreen for not even a second and goes into android , so i might as wel disable next screen or any other third party lockscreen app ???
not understanding the logic behind it realy.
The lockscreen app provides additional functionality over the stock lockscreen app. There are more shortcuts and whatnot. Personally I don't bother with those.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae