I bought it 6 months ago. Since 3 months or so, sometimes it just reboots on its own, and when it restarts it asks me to configure it again, as if it were new.

I can't understand how this can happen. It's the fourth or fifth time by now. Sometimes I have it in my hands, sometimes it's in my pocket with locked screen, with battery level more than the minimum. The funny thing is that some settings (like the unlock sequence, or sometimes the WiFi, or some apps) are still in memory, while fingerprints, lock screen, all customization is gone. Luckily I backup everything.

Android version is 7.1.1, but I think it started happening with the version before.
    04-23-2018 09:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like either a serious firmware glitch or a hardware problem. The phone should still be under warranty, so I would contact Lenovo about repair or replacement.
    04-23-2018 10:18 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I agree with B. Diddy, that sounds like a some serious problem and asking for a replacement could be the best approach.

Just in case, are you using an SD card? Maybe set as internal/adoptable storage? I've read about some phones behaving badly when an adopted card starts to fail.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-23-2018 10:23 AM
    Yes, I have been using an SD card since I bought the smartphone. However, the problems never showed up until 4 months I bought it, then they started appearing relatively frequently.

And yes, it's still under warranty, and I contacted both the Amazon and Motorola customer services, but they told me replacement is not available and the only option is repairing. But I have no spare phone to use in the meanwhile.
    04-23-2018 11:07 AM
    Before sending the phone for repair you could try unmounting the card temporarily and see if the problem persists. Just remember that if you defined it as adoptable storage first you need to move everything back to the internal storage and format the card as portable storage.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-23-2018 11:18 AM
    Two days ago it happened again, while the smartphone was sitting on a table doing nothing. This time, I also did a manual reset to factory settings (I wanted to do a hard reset from recovery mode, but for some reason I couldn't). I removed the SD card. I'll wait.
    05-02-2018 03:23 AM
    I just experienced this a few minutes ago. Same exact thing. When I turned it on, it wouldn't let me use my fingerprint, so I swiped in, and it was reset. Wanted me to sign in to google for the assistant, etc. Instead, I powered the phone off. When I restarted, everything was back to normal - all restored. Totally weird. I thought I had malware phishing for my google password or something. Started looking for answers and found this thread.
    belodion likes this.
    06-25-2018 03:54 PM
    Mine just did it today. And lots of apps keep closing constantly.
    09-26-2018 03:31 PM