I have two-step verification on my Google account for extra security. Today, I had to do a factory reset on my Android phone, and now the phone will not let me log back in. It says the password is incorrect, even though it is. I'm thinking this is because of two-step verification. I do not have access to my backup codes, so I am virtually locked out of my phone and my email.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I don't even know if turning off two-step verification would solve the problem on the phone. This appears to be a major issue if you use two-step. I would not recommend it.
    05-27-2011 02:57 PM
    I have two-step verification on my Google account for extra security. Today, I had to do a factory reset on my Android phone, and now the phone will not let me log back in. It says the password is incorrect, even though it is. I'm thinking this is because of two-step verification. I do not have access to my backup codes, so I am virtually locked out of my phone and my email.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I don't even know if turning off two-step verification would solve the problem on the phone. This appears to be a major issue if you use two-step. I would not recommend it.
    I think when you reset your phone, you deleted the verification code that google installed on your phone. That's why you can't log in and it tells you incorrect password.

Really, I'm not sure if you can turn off 2 step, without first being able to properly log-in!

2 things you might also do.

1. create a new google account under a different name.
    2. Contact Google and have them reset to a normal login, or at least tell you what to do.

On a lighter note, it's good info to know about the 2 step verification.
    05-28-2011 03:22 AM
    I'm not one to usually respond to two-week old threads...But what I use with my two-step authentication is set up an application specific password when activating my phone after a ROM installation.

From the "Authorizing applications & sites" page in the Google Account settings. Unless you can't get into your Google on the computer either. Then you might be screwed :-/
    06-15-2011 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD