I have an LG Aristo through Metro PCS which is currently running Android 7.0. There are much more updated versions of 7.0 out there even before the jump to 8.x. Only i've tried to update it several times every which way from Sunday but it's still only running 7.0. So two questions...A: in theory, can this phone even *be* updated higher than 7.0? And B: Is it typical for wireless companies to just not allow their phones to be updated higher than X.X in order to make you buy a phone with the next version of the OS already installed? Thanks.
    04-27-2018 12:10 PM
    According to the specs, the Aristo goes to 7.1.2. It's not that they "not allow their phones to be updated higher than X.X in order to make you buy a phone with the next version of the OS already installed", but that the cheaper phones aren't updated. The flagships are updated through 2 versions, typically (and Google updates through 3), but to update the Aristo you're probably going to have to put in a custom ROM (see the XDA LG Aristo ROM forum).
    04-27-2018 01:24 PM