How to convert my MicroSD card format to NTFS ,but via my phone(non-rooted)?

Maq Attaq

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to change my MicroSD card format to NTFS ,but via my non-rooted Android phone in order to save files larger than 4 GB to the card.

But please I would like to change the SD Card format via my phone,I don't have a PC at the moment and the phone is non-rooted!

Please help me!
Thanks to all in advance!
Best regards!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Why? FAT32 or ExFAT should be more than enough for a mobile device's needs. NTFS is a Microsoft-licensed file system, used with Windows.

Maq Attaq

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for replying!
I am trying to save a 7.22 GB file from the internet to my 8 GB MicroSD card,but when the download reaches 4 GB, the download breaks!
It doesn't like to save a file bigger than 4 GB to the card!
Please help me!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
ExFAT would resolve that. 4 GB IS the max single-file size allowed on FAT32. The other thing you need to concern yourself with is that the formatted capacity of an 8 GB drive is not 8 GB but actually nearly 1 GB less. I'm seeing a 16 GB flash drive formatted as NTFS with a usable capacity of 14.4 GB, I don't have an 8 GB to check but the 8 GB drive may not be enough for a 7.22 GB file.

Maq Attaq

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
After I formated the SD card via my phone,it shows that 7.40 GB of 8 GB are free.

But how do I change the format of the SD card to ExFat, via my phone?
My phone is not rooted to allow changing of the SD card format with apps that require root access!

Please help me how to change the card's format to ExFat!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams