I'm trying to send SMS text message (not MMS) through Android messages app, but I am unable to do so. It keeps converting them into MMS.

The Xiaomi messages app does this fine on my Mi Mix.. Textra messages app does it adequately as well. Strangely Android Messages app keeps converting it into MMS.

Any help would be greatly helpful.

I really want to use the stock app on my Keyone and Essential Ph-1 instead of Textra.
    05-14-2018 06:02 AM
    I'm trying to send SMS text message (not MMS) through Android messages app, but I am unable to do so. It keeps converting them into MMS.

The Xiaomi messages app does this fine on my Mi Mix.. Textra messages app does it adequately as well. Strangely Android Messages app keeps converting it into MMS.

Any help would be greatly helpful.

I really want to use the stock app on my Keyone and Essential Ph-1 instead of Textra.
    05-14-2018 06:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps. I also merged your duplicate threads.

Open your Android Messages app, tap Menu>Settings>Advanced>Group Messaging, and select the "mass text" option.
    05-16-2018 01:11 AM