Lengthen call time before voicemail

K Shlomo

May 17, 2018
Visit site
How do I enlarge the ring time before voicemail?
It barely rings for 20-30 seconds and I can never answer a call.
I need it to ring for at least a minute or three until i can get to a place where i can answer.
Is there an app?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, voicemail is strictly a carrier function, Call your voicemail and listen to the prompts. If you don't hear anything that might help, try "more functions" or "advanced functions" of whatever your carrier calls it.

At the very worst, call 611 and ask them.

But it has to be set on their voicemail server, an app can't change it.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You can do this easily enough yourself using the dial pad to enter a code. I've been doing this for years but you can only change it to anything between a min of 5 and 30 second max. The code Will be carrier specific but just do a quick Google search using the same thing you titled this post with but add your carrier name and you'll get plenty of results ie "extend ring time before going to voicemail on AT&T" or whatever your carrier is

K Shlomo

May 17, 2018
Visit site
What if I forward my calls to a private voicemail app outside of AT&T ( which doesn't allow anything over 36 seconds), is there an app that has adjustable ring times?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If you forward the call to a third party service, that service will control when the voicemail kicks in, just like your carrier does. You would need to check with that service provider for its abilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz