Samsung Galaxy Tab A Update

Allan Preston

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so some time ago, I got a Galaxy S7 Edge phone on the UK's TescoMobile which is an VMNO for O2. It was great, I could connect it via wifi to my Panasonic Lumix G85 camera and it would act as a much larger viewfinder.

Then O2 pushed out a new Android version to my S7, and from then on, whenever I paired my phone to my camera, it would say "Checking Internet Quality" quickly followed by "No Internet", and then it would revert back to my home WiFi. Making it impossible to pair with my camera anymore.

So I went out and bought a Galaxy Tab A, 10.1" version. It had an older version of Android installed on it without that horrid "Internet Quality Checker", which meant I could pair it with my camera. My tablet, my camera, and I were good friends. I loved being able to control my camera from my tablet, and use it as a remote viewfinder.

However this afternoon, I got the dreaded "Software Update" on my Galaxy Tab, and looking at the details, it wants to update to the dreaded version of Android with the "Internet Quality Checker". and there doesn't seem to be any way to refuse the update. Only postpone it.

Am I overlooking something, or is my tablet soon going to be unusable for the purpose for which I bought it?