I was surfing chrome and wanted to watch a movie. After I clicked a link, a red chrome ad pop up "window virus warning". I was so horrified and quickly surf Chrome for some solutions. I followed a suggestion:
    setting>application manager>chrome>uninstall updates>clear cache
    I also downloaded Malwarebytes and it said that Chrome is safe to use.
    -But I still feel something not right.
    -Am I doing the right way?
    -What else can I do?
    05-19-2018 11:51 AM
    These types of fake virus warnings are all too common (especially when browsing sketchy sites). You did the right thing and should be fine.

There's simply no way a random site can scan your phone that quickly and even know if you are infected. It's simply a scripted ad no different than if you saw a t.v. commercial telling you that your phone is infected. They show you a recorded animation to make it look like it's scanning, then tells you it magically found something that isn't even there. The idea is to scare you into thinking you're infected so that you can download their paid equally fake antivirus app. The app claims to have cleaned these viruses from your phone, making you think it was money well spent. Some of the more nefarious ones may even install their own malware while making you think it's an antivirus app.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    05-19-2018 11:19 PM
    Thanks Mooncatt
    05-20-2018 12:22 AM