Last year, my iPhone 6 Plus started to experience touch disease and since then, I’ve been using an iPhone 6S Plus a friend of mine wasn’t using, as they had upgraded to an X. I finally called Apple a month ago and they replaced my phone free of charge, so I decided to try and sell it because I didn’t want to devalue the phone, and rather buy a new one.

Today, I started looking at the Pixel 2 XL and Samsung S9+ because I would like to return this iPhone to my friend, and feel the freedom of having my own phone again. Currently, my service provider is offering an S9 plus for $580 (CAD), but I keep thinking about purchasing a Pixel outright for about $1200 (CAD), assuming it is worth it.

I have watched and read numerous reviews but I was hoping to hear from people who have used these phones on a daily-basis and know what they would buy if they were in my shoes.

Thanks for reading!
    05-19-2018 04:31 PM
    That reaally depends on what you do with the phone. If you're interested in a large dynamic range in pictures (details in the shadows and bright lights not washing things out), everyone is comparing their dynamic range to the Pixel 2 (and XL). (And it does it with a single camera!) If you want "pure Android", no carrier bloat, no TouchWiz (which I never used in my Samsungs - Nova Launcher is much better in my opinion), go with the Pixel. If money matters, then of course go for the S9 or S9+.

I spent years with Samsungs, but I'm happy that I switched to Google. (And their tech support is very easy to deal with, as long as you don't demand things they can't do, like change the glass part of the back to metal or plastic - a lot of people have been asking for that, because hitting it on a desk will fracture it. But they replaced my supposedly "phone with a hardware problem". The new one had the same problem after the next update (which, btw, Google does every month - they've only skipped one month so far), but while waiting for the replacement (yes, they were willing to replace a brand new phone again), I figured out that it was a software problem, and fixed it myself (and, with their okay, returned the "replacement" unopened). So not too great on engineering ability, but great service. (Samsung, shall we say, isn't known for great service.)
    05-19-2018 05:25 PM