Factory reset protection- HELP NEEDED AS DEVICE NOT RECOGNISING MY GOOGLE DETAILS

robbo1971

May 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi can someone help me , I need to bypass googles factory reset protection, I’ve tried everything, I bought the device and had to reset due to it freezing and now it won’t recognise my password for google login even after I reset the device with a new password and waited 72 hours , I’ve YouTubed things and have gotten nowhere
My device is a Lenovo tablet and I’ve only had it just over 12 months
Please can someone help

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, we don't allow discussions on how to bypass a security feature. Did you buy this tablet used? If so, do you know if the previous owner properly removed their Google account prior to doing a factory reset? That's the correct way of transferring an Android device from one user to another. If you don't properly remove the previous Google account from the device, then the next time you do a factory reset, it will ask for that previous owner's Google account and password (not yours).

robbo1971

May 22, 2018
Visit site
I bought the device brand new and have only used 1 google account , I did a password reset in case I was putting my wrong password in but I’m still having trouble , I have only ever signed up for the 1 google account and it was specifically just for the Lenovo tablet , I’m stumped as to what to do , at the moment I have a device that is totally useless to me , very frustrating

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What is the exact error you're getting? I have not personally experienced the FRP but I imagine the "wrong account" and "wrong password" messages are different.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, what do you mean by "reset the device with a new password"? Did you change your Google password on your account site on the browser after you couldn't log back into the tablet? Or did you try to use Find My Device to create a new password (which you can only do if the device didn't have a screen lock to begin with)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173