Hello guys . I recently replaced the battery in my galaxy s6 because the old battery was terrible(2.5H to 3h of sot at bestand and terrible stand buy time at that ) . The problem I have is that the battery goes to 1% nearly as fast as before but when it reaches 1%, it lasts on average 35-50 minutes of continuous use before shutting down (with a total sot of 4h+ easily )
    the methods I've tried:
    1. the "good old fashioned recalibration" . the phone was completely drained and charged up to 100% while it was shut down .
    2. i wiped the cache partition to see if it helps
    3. i've tried the *#0228# code for battery reset .
    4. even a recalibration using at the end a recalibration app from the play store .
    5. i also factory reset the phone .
    6. i've tried safe mode to but no difference what so ever.

The thing is the battery life after replacement has improved from 2.5h-3h of sot at best to 4h+ easily . the fact that the phone won't give me an accurate reading of the real percentage of the battery . as i've said , once it reaches 1% the phone will not die for 35-50 min of continuous use .
    05-23-2018 08:12 AM
    I'd guess (I can't be sure without having it in my hand) that the problem is that you regularly let the battery get down to 1%. That can kill a battery in about a month.

30% is the absolute minimum you should ever let the battery get down to. If you can't charge it at that point, shut the phone off.

1. the "good old fashioned recalibration" . the phone was completely drained and charged up to 100% while it was shut down .
    That's the good old fashioned way of ruining the battery. Calibration is done (and can only be done on a rooted phone) bu charging until the terminal voltage stops going up, then setting the charge curve file to show 100% at that voltage.

3. i've tried the *#0228# code for battery reset .
    That just tells you how the battery has been doing.

4. even a recalibration using at the end a recalibration app from the play store .
    As I said, unless the phone is rooted, you can't. The file tht has to be changed is a system file.

The thing is the battery life after replacement has improved from 2.5h-3h of sot at best to 4h+ easily .
    That's because you hadn't ruined it yet.

the fact that the phone won't give me an accurate reading of the real percentage of the battery . as i've said , once it reaches 1% the phone will not die for 35-50 min of continuous use .
    That's because 1% indicated still leaves plenty of voltage on the battery. (I have one so bad right now that the phone won't even turn on. I'm waiting for the battery to charge. It was at about 2.24 Volts. 0% doesn't mean 0 Volts, it means something under 3.7 Volts. But there's still enough power left to run the phone for a while if you don't care about ruining the battery.

(And don't charge it over 80% - that's bad for it too.)
    05-23-2018 01:09 PM
    thanks man , but the problem i have is persistent from the moment i installed the new battery.
    i dont think is normal for the new battery to reach 1% nearly as fast as an 2 years old one , and haveit nearly an hour on 1%. and when i've said 4h of sot , i mean full discarge including the nearly 1h on 1%.(and i know discarging a battery compleatly is bad for it , that's why i want an accurate indication. to charge-it when is the time and enjoing the endurance of a new battery .
    do you have any idea how can i fix this ?
    05-24-2018 04:14 AM
    You can't get what you want. The only way to measure State of Charge accurately is chemically, and the probe to do that costs more than an S6. So the phone measures the voltage at the battery and uses that as an indication of state of charge, compared to a file it keeps as a "calibration file".

But dropping the battery to 0% is always the wrong thing to do. So is 1%. 30% is pushing it. 40% is better. And that's not going to be accurate, because the voltage at the battery is always higher when the charger is connected. You're just going to have to do the same as the rest of us - pick a minimum and charge when it hits that, and stop charging at 80%.
    05-25-2018 02:33 PM