Transfer Bookmarks from one Android Phone to another.

tomx2x

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

I have 2 Android Phones. One Plus One & Blu Studio Xl2. They are Android 7.1 & 5.0 respectively.
Haven't used One+One for 6 months.
During that time I added 30 favorites to my Chrome Browser on Blu Studio.
Would like to import/transfer all my Blu favorites bookmarks to Chrome Browser One+ Phone w/o having to add them manually.

Backup My data (Tic) setting is on for Both Phones. Having the same Google Acct email.
I understand a new Phone configuration will auto restore any backed up Google data once the same Google Acct is added.

But is it possible to import/restore Bookmarks from one Android Chrome Browser to another where the same Google Acct has been in existence? A 3rd party product to backup/restore bookmarks maybe?

Cannot delete/re-add Chrome Browser app on the One+.
Tried delete and reactivate the Google Acct on One+ , no additional bookmarks in Chrome Browser.
Haven't tried factory reset. I would have to install all my apps manually again.

BTW: My One+ phone is rooted, the Blu Studio is not if that helps.

Thanks.
TC.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't do it with Google backup, but Chrome can export a file of its bookmarks. You can copy that file to the other phone (you could use Drive to do that if you don't have a computer handy) and import the file. That ill copy the bookmarks to the new Chrome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781