Trying to back up my SMS texts but yet no app I've used is fully seeing all my messages. It has all the people I'm talking too but all the apps see the last message as being ones I sent a while back (couple weeks or so?).

Anyone know what's up with all this? Why can't any of these apps see my CURRENT texts? All permissions granted and all that.

T-Mobile Galaxy S8 fully updated.
    05-30-2018 03:37 PM
    If they are RCS-messages (enhanced messaging), most apps won't be able to back them up (heck, no 3rd party messaging app will see them, even! at least not at present). Also, MMS are locked down on Samsung phones. Pretty much the only app that will let you back them up completely is Smart Switch.
    05-30-2018 04:07 PM
    Well the apps I've downloaded work and will back up the messages...but only the ones that they're able to see. It sees all the messaging threads from all my contacts but it doesn't have all the newest texts I've sent them...ones from like 2 weeks back or so.

It's not just with MMS either, all the SMS doesn't show up either.
    05-30-2018 06:02 PM
    Check the stock messaging app. Are the messages there? If so, then install a 3rd party messaging app like Textra. Does that app (after setting it up as the default app) see the new messages? If it doesn't, then the 'missing' texts are RCS and they're only available to the stock messaging app. Also, make sure the back up apps are set to the default messaging app if needed (most do and will ask this before you start the back up process).
    05-31-2018 11:24 AM
    Are the messages being sent as SMS or as MMS? Not all SMS backup apps back up MMS messages.
    05-31-2018 07:39 PM