do I have this straight?

barbaram

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I hope this is in the right forum, if not could someone please direct me to the right one?

I hate talking on the phone, so rarely use my cell phone. I do however, use my old dying palm constantly. I use contacts, notes and calendar. I use the calendar constantly.

Thanks to the kind suggestion of milomindbinder, I looked into the palm phones, but the cost was too high. I think I would like to go with the LG Optimus from T Mobile because it is prepaid and has Wi Fi. I am trying to keep the costs down. Way down.

So my questions. I can use google calendar, as long as I can check the calendar from the phone, and make changes from the phone. I can easily sync daily, but I am often in places without any connection and need to update my calendar. I would happily buy something to make this possible as long as it is a one time purchase and not monthly, yearly whatever.

I need notes of some sort. Not student type notes, but remiders that the bench in the dining room is 60" that sort of note. I need good contacts, with birthday, kids names, that sort of thing, and to do lists.

My understanding is that the phone I want will do all of this. Am I wrong. Is there a better, cheaper solution?

Thanks in advance.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can make changes to the phone calendar off line and it will sync the next time you connect to Google calendar. The contacts are good for notes and names and stuff, but you will have to put birthday's into the calendar separately. A hassle but it works.

For notes, there are a number of good free Note apps in the market you can download for the type of notes you're looking for. Sounds like Milo has you on the right track. He's very good and would not steer you wrong.

Play with the phone first before you buy it though. Everybody's tastes are different and you may find one that you like better that is only a little more or less. It's a personal choice so only you will know what you like after playing with a few different devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC