I saw this on my phone and wanna make sure it isn't malicious
    06-02-2018 07:29 PM
    Since you can't give a link, it's impossible to say. There are a few apps named "chameleon" - a form generator, a launcher - there's a social website named chameleon. Hard to say, but I just wouldn't run it. If the phone is rooted, back it up, freeze the app and see if it still runs okay. If it does, leave the app frozen for a few months. If you still have no problems, uninstall it.

If the phone shows any signs of misbehaving when you freeze the app, restore the phone from the backup.
    06-03-2018 05:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Go to Settings>Apps and look for that app. Do you see an Uninstall button, or only a Disable button?
    06-03-2018 11:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Go to Settings>Apps and look for that app. Do you see an Uninstall button, or only a Disable button?
    It is a program with no uninstall button, just a force close and disable. Also has all my permissions. The name is Chameleon Payload Maintenance and I can't find no link or anything speaking about this program online. It doesn't detect Any viruses when I scan phone. Just thought the term "Payload" would be a virus?
    06-04-2018 09:44 PM
    It looks like it's a Sprint/Boost thing: https://www.reddit.com/r/ting/commen...owing_network/. It doesn't appear to be malware -- just annoying bloat.
    06-05-2018 12:26 PM