I have a Samsung Note 3. I get tons of spam calls, which drive me crazy. When I try to add the spam number to my reject list, I keep getting the message: "Auto Reject List Full". Sooooo, how do I add more capacity? I do not want to erase any existing blocked numbers. I want to add more capacity, whatever it takes. Thanks
    06-07-2018 05:41 PM
    I don't think there is a way to do it on the phone. Who's your carrier? Do they offer a separate call-blocking service?
    Chevy-SS likes this.
    06-08-2018 12:15 AM
    I don't think there is a way to do it on the phone. Who's your carrier? Do they offer a separate call-blocking service?
    Thanks for response. Sorry for delay in replying. My carrier is AT&T. They offer an app called "AT&T Call Protect", but I cannot seem to find it in the Play Store.

I have been using an app called HIYA for about a month, and it helps. But honestly, the number of spam calls is just overwhelming. I am getting 10 to 20 spam calls a day. I am ready to do just about anything to stop these telemarketers. I am considering switching my phone number or carrier.

Does ANYONE have suggestion to reduce/eliminate/block all telemarketers??

Thanks
    09-26-2018 08:17 AM
    The problem with spam callers is that they use a couple of techniques to make it difficult to block them completely. One method is to cycle through a lot of different calling numbers, so that if you block one of them, they'll just use another number. The other method is to "spoof" a number (i.e., make it so that it seems like someone else is calling you), and they most commonly spoof a number with the same area code and prefix as yours, to make you think it's a neighbor calling you. Blocking a spoofed number won't help, since they're not actually calling from that number (and if the number actually belongs to someone you know, then you're blocking that person, not the spammer).

Make sure you sign up at donotcall.gov, which should at least protect you from legal telemarketers. You can also use Do Not Disturb to allow calls only from people in your Contacts, but of course that will prevent you from getting legitimate calls from people or businesses not listed in your Contacts.
    Chevy-SS likes this.
    09-26-2018 12:21 PM
    Thanks again. This issue should be #1 priority for the carriers and legal authorities. It's completely out of control. These crooks are spoofing, scamming & spamming to their heart's content, it seems.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-26-2018 12:31 PM
    I agree. It's why I've always been reluctant to give out my cell number when I'm signing up for anything. I usually give my landline number, since we rarely answer that phone!
    09-26-2018 12:48 PM