Smart Switch: No more firmware recovery?

binba

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
My S6 is acting up, and I need to try a firmware recovery.

However in the current versions of Samsung Smart Switch, "Emergency Software Recovery" doesn't have the "Device initialization" tab anymore.
I found and installed 4.1.1.16114_4 which I understand should still have that feature; I have OS X 10.10.5 which is old enough to pair well with it. :) But any time I try to launch the Emergency Software Recovery & Initialization feature, I get a message coercing me to Update Smart Switch.

Is there any way to bypass the update? Am I SOL and that ability is gone? (Or gotta use ODIN?)

binba

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
Update... I accepted the Update prompt and it did a small update and software restart without actually updating Smart Switch. That allowed "Device initialization" (or initialisation, depending on where in the software you are) to proceed.

However... when I run it, I get "Galaxy S6 does not support initializing. Please contact our service center."
I doubt it has to do with the phone (recovery mode, etc.)... because if I run the function with the phone unplugged, I get the opportunity to enter a model # and serial # (no IMEI)... and then get the same error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01