iMessage to Android - annoying "liked a message" comments - is there a way to stop it?

onebeanshy

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I am the only Android user in a family of iOS. My mom and my sisters and I text in group. Recently, I gather, there was an iOS update that allows them to "like/love, etc" an image that is texted. This is EXTREMELY annoying. I'll get texts that simply say "So and so liked an image." :/ Am I at their mercy with this on my end? I'm using a Samsung S8+

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only thing you can block is the source - your mother, your sister. Or you could learn Android programming and develop a texting app that included a scripting language that would allow you to autodump messages with a certain text, like "liked a? <word>." (Meaning the word likes, a or an and a word and period after that.)

But standard texting? No, I don't think anyone's done anything like that. (They're turning iMessages into social networks? Another reason I won't buy one.)

onebeanshy

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Yuck, thanks. Here's an example of what they are apparently doing (and what sent me over the edge, lol):

20180611_104506.jpg

It's annoying - if I wanted likes I would have posted it to Facebook. ;)

Maybe in time I will learn Android code. I taught myself website coding in the past, and while I'm not an expert, I can figure things out and I know what people are talking about. Maybe this is the push I need to branch out. ;)

Thank you!

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
But standard texting? No, I don't think anyone's done anything like that. (They're turning iMessages into social networks? Another reason I won't buy one.)
Yep... I've finally reached that point with iOS. I like Apple's update policy, but that's about it.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I am the only Android user in a family of iOS. My mom and my sisters and I text in group. Recently, I gather, there was an iOS update that allows them to "like/love, etc" an image that is texted. This is EXTREMELY annoying. I'll get texts that simply say "So and so liked an image." :/ Am I at their mercy with this on my end? I'm using a Samsung S8+

Sounds frustrating, honestly, and I'm glad it's never happened to me. I've used an iPhone until just recently, and never knew this feature existed. Perhaps I'm being naive, but... would it work to just ask them to stop "liking" your photos?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma