Since the Swype keyboard is dead, it'll only a matter of time before I can no longer get it. So are there any, as much as I hate to say it, Swype clones out there? I've tried others, including Swift Key and G-board, and they all are lacking. I want to be able to swipe out the words, but the two main features that others don't seem to have are the ability to swipe above the keyboard to capitalize (I'd maybe accept another similar gesture based capitalization function) and multiple layouts (like Swype's quick access to a traditional number keypad or curser/cut/copy/paste layout.

I've loved Swype since I started using Android on my LG Optimus S. I'm not simply looking for alternatives, but as close to an exact replacement as possible for when it gets to the point I can no longer download it from Play when transferring phones. I almost thought I lost it during a recent factory reset because it no longer shows up in searches. Thankfully it was still listed in my library and I was able to download it from there. Hence my inspiration for this thread.
    06-11-2018 10:59 AM
    You can try to get an extracted copy of the BlackBerry keyboard (not guaranteed it'll work though), but the closest thing you'd find to Swype is SwiftKey, followed by GBoard. If you didn't like those, then you're pretty much out of suitable options, I'm afraid.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2018 11:13 AM