Help, i recently went snorkeling with my phone in a waterproof plastic bag only to realize there was a new leak there. I quickly took it out of water and i was so stupid to forget to remove the phone cover. So when i removed it back home its still wet and it won't charge. I tried putting it in rice for a couple of hours and test it again only to find that the problem still persists and then got a message "battery temperature is too low, shutting down now."

So now i put it back in rice overnight and wait for the best. But im afraid of corrosion

People suggested to put it in 99% alcohol to clean it up. Is it really safe? I have to wait overnight tho because its late already to buy

What do i do, pls help

My phone is xiaomi redmi 4 prime with non removable battery
    06-17-2018 11:07 AM
    Help, i recently went snorkeling with my phone in a waterproof plastic bag only to realize there was a new leak there. I quickly took it out of water and i was so stupid to forget to remove the phone cover. So when i removed it back home its still wet and it won't charge. I tried putting it in rice for a couple of hours and test it again only to find that the problem still persists and then got a message "battery temperature is too low, shutting down now."

So now i put it back in rice overnight and wait for the best. But im afraid of corrosion

People suggested to put it in 99% alcohol to clean it up. Is it really save? I have to wait overnight tho because its late already to buy

Please help, thank you

My phone is xiaomi redmi 4 prime with non removable battery
    Good Luck but chances are if you left the battery in you may have done
    additional damage beyond what the sea water did.
    06-17-2018 11:17 AM