Dropped phone in sea water

mike126

Jun 17, 2018
Visit site
Help, i recently went snorkeling with my phone in a waterproof plastic bag only to realize there was a new leak there. I quickly took it out of water and i was so stupid to forget to remove the phone cover. So when i removed it back home its still wet and it won't charge. I tried putting it in rice for a couple of hours and test it again only to find that the problem still persists and then got a message "battery temperature is too low, shutting down now."

So now i put it back in rice overnight and wait for the best. But im afraid of corrosion

People suggested to put it in 99% alcohol to clean it up. Is it really safe? I have to wait overnight tho because its late already to buy

What do i do, pls help

My phone is xiaomi redmi 4 prime with non removable battery

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Help, i recently went snorkeling with my phone in a waterproof plastic bag only to realize there was a new leak there. I quickly took it out of water and i was so stupid to forget to remove the phone cover. So when i removed it back home its still wet and it won't charge. I tried putting it in rice for a couple of hours and test it again only to find that the problem still persists and then got a message "battery temperature is too low, shutting down now."

So now i put it back in rice overnight and wait for the best. But im afraid of corrosion

People suggested to put it in 99% alcohol to clean it up. Is it really save? I have to wait overnight tho because its late already to buy

Please help, thank you

My phone is xiaomi redmi 4 prime with non removable battery

Good Luck but chances are if you left the battery in you may have done
additional damage beyond what the sea water did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane