I don't know how but my phone had to have been accessed remotely, I own an S8.
    When opening up developer's options you press build number 7 times. Well now when I do that it asks me to confirm a PIN code I KNOW nothing about. Any advice as how to fix would be appreciated.
    07-11-2018 03:29 PM
    Did you recently receive the Oreo update on your phone? If so, it wasn't hacked or anything, it's a feature: accessing Developer Mode now requires your lockscreen credentials. If it's asking for a PIN, then one was set for your lockscreen (even if you use FingerPrint, you had to set a PIN or Password to use it).
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...ices-passcode/
    belodion likes this.
    07-11-2018 04:00 PM
    Thank you, I have had the update for a while now and the thing is it won't accept my PIN. I am also using the right PIN and no luck!
    07-11-2018 05:12 PM
    If you reboot your phone it should ask for the same PIN... if you do that, does it still not take it?
    07-11-2018 06:09 PM
    Well riddle me this... the S8 model # for Canada ends in a W (eg. SM950W) mine ends in a U. Phone accessed without knowing...yes. If they were going to tamper with phone at least keep things in order. Samsung's answer "Well we really don't know what to say." Did a factory reset for them and like I have mentioned many a time, it won't work. Wouldn't get rid of installed apps put on by someone good. Samsung...same response.
    Thanks to those who responded and yes it did take pin.
    07-12-2018 07:04 PM