Shield K1 battery drain; is this normal

mattdeezly

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
So I brushed off the dust off my K1 (stopped using it after I got my s8+) which I hardly used anyway. I fully charged it, and start using it. But I noticed the battery is wacky. I watch one 20 minute anime or any video and it drops 10%. Is this normal? I have the screen brightness pretty low to. After that I did a fresh factory wipe and its still doing it. Do you think I have a bad battery or is this normal performance for the tablet?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's very possible this is normal. It's an old device, which can cause list battery capacity from age alone. The level of charge and how long you had it in storage can also impact battery health.

mattdeezly

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
thanks for your reply!
what you're saying makes sense, as newer software that was not originally designed for this tablet might be more taxing on it. I never thought of it haha

is there any good way to tell the health of it though? I doubt an app could really do much unless it had root access

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
thanks for your reply!
what you're saying makes sense, as newer software that was not originally designed for this tablet might be more taxing on it. I never thought of it haha

is there any good way to tell the health of it though? I doubt an app could really do much unless it had root access
Actually, updated software isn't likely the main issue. It's the age of the battery and possibly the storage conditions (especially if stored outside the 40-75% range) that I think would play the biggest role in your case.

You can try the AccuBattery app. It's fairly reliable for getting a general idea of battery health.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x