Recently I've been getting these pop up advertisement by launcher system on all apps. It's not frequent maybe every 30min. I've tried scanning apps using the play store and deleting maplestory m wich I've suspected since ads appeared after downloading it, but nothing. Is launcher system by Android or Samsung, are they now trying to gain more money? I doubt so what is it?
    Attached Thumbnails What is launcher system and why is it showing ads?-screenshot_20180729-082128.jpg  
    07-28-2018 07:41 PM
    It's definitely NOT coming from your phone's OS (neither Google's nor Samsung's, trust me). The ads that come from Samsung show up as suggestions in the notification bar, and can be fully disabled from the Galaxy Store. That, unfortunately, comes from a 3rd party app (you can test this by booting into Safe Mode, wait the 30 minutes, and you shouldn't see any ads). A recent post suggested a popular GPS app as the culprit, but the truth is there are many out there that overuse this method of monetization. Usual culprits include File Managers and Battery Optimizers. Even if the apps weren't recently downloaded, sometimes an update can re-enable the setting to show ads.

When you see the ads, do you see a cog icon or a menu that you could tap?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-28-2018 09:37 PM
    No cog icon or a menu but there's an icon that says adchoice when tapped
    07-29-2018 02:05 AM
    I don't mind the ads that appear as banners. I detest the whole screen ads.
    Just had one appear as I was typing this!
    I don't remember any one app asking for that specific permissions and if I had seen it I would have refused or, even better, uninstalled the offfending app!
    07-29-2018 04:50 AM
    So I've confirmed that it is a 3rd party app thanks to the tip. Since auto download was off i should be able to back track. Thanks alot for helping.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    07-29-2018 08:15 AM
    So I've confirmed that it is a 3rd party app thanks to the tip. Since auto download was off i should be able to back track. Thanks alot for helping. P.s there's no cog icon or menu.
    Welcome to the forums. Try this, open the recent apps overview again, search for that Launcher System card, long press the small icon top left (the three horizontal lines) and then tap the info icon. See which app it opens.
    07-29-2018 08:20 AM
    I don't mind the ads that appear as banners. I detest the whole screen ads.
    Just had one appear as I was typing this!
    I don't remember any one app asking for that specific permissions and if I had seen it I would have refused or, even better, uninstalled the offfending app!
    Relatable. Although they need to make cash but they shouldn't do this to us!
    Chuckcell likes this.
    07-29-2018 08:43 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Try this, open the recent apps overview again, search for that Launcher System card, long press the small icon top left (the three horizontal lines) and then tap the info icon. See which app it opens.
    I think I've deleted the app causing this problem but I'll keep this in mind in case it happens again. Thanks
    Javier P and Itsa_Me_Mario like this.
    07-29-2018 08:51 AM
    Which app was it?

You might want to go to the Play Store and leave a review warning others of the problem.
    07-29-2018 02:05 PM
    I've deleted the app causing this problem thanks to SpookDroid and Javier P
    SpookDroid likes this.
    07-30-2018 06:04 AM
    Which app was it?

You might want to go to the Play Store and leave a review warning others of the problem.
    Will do
    07-30-2018 06:04 AM
    I've deleted the app causing this problem thanks to SpookDroid and Javier P
    Just to have on record in case someone else installed it...which was the culprit app?
    07-30-2018 10:21 AM
    Pdf reader by fodoo app
    SpookDroid likes this.
    07-31-2018 04:34 AM
    Thanks! I suggest you leave them an appropriate rating in the Play Store with the ad thing in your review so the dev gets feedback but, especially, other users know what their going to have to deal with.
    07-31-2018 10:24 AM
    So I have also been experiencing this problem for the last week. Thankfully I found this thread because I thought it was my nova launcher. But even when i took it off I still experienced it. Since everyone is experiencing this problem from different apps I found the best way to pin point this was to do the following:
    When the ad pops up I hit the multitask button to show all my apps open. Should say system launcher. I then went to google play store and went into my apps. Go to installed apps and arrange by last used. It should be one of the top apps on that list that is the culprit.
    My device is a SGS8+ I'm not too keen on other devices ability to do this but hope it helps others!
    Attached Thumbnails What is launcher system and why is it showing ads?-screenshot_20180818-093001_google-play-store.jpg  
    08-18-2018 08:31 AM
    I had this exact same problem with the 'PDF Reader' by 'Fodoo app'. I have uninstalled and left an informative review on the Play Store.
    10-09-2018 04:12 PM