I got a 6" Juning android phone from Amazon couple of years ago.

Been pleased with it until a malware scanner turned up the phones launcher and a system app called Wireless Update as malware. Someone put a ip address scanner on their phone and it showed the phone was sending data back to China. There was a big tech news blowup about this a few yrs ago, but Juning wasn't mentioned at that time.

Anyway, Juning dont sell phones anymore (!) but now I'm getting daily weird adware messages on my phone from people whose first language is not English, probably a Chinese person trying to write English.

I have a super big hunch that the Phones launcher Cool Launcher and Wireless Update are feeding this. When I got to the apps running list, there is it CoolLauncher. This is despite me killing it time and time again and replaceing it with google launcher.

I don't want to root the phone because its got a good chance of bricking it.

Can I get an app that is a task killer that kills system apps like (un)Cool Launcher ?
    08-03-2018 09:11 AM
    hello, I have almost same problem.. I would do this: check if u can disable these unwanted apps.later you can download an app from play store - it's called Greenify (and you select apps you want to automatically hibernate)
    plus another good option you can give it a try is to download an app called No Root Firewall
    =>> you will see all your apps and IP address they want to connect to
    if u deny access to Internet (wifi plus mobile data) they won't be able to show you those unwanted adds
    if you have any questions just ask me.
    08-03-2018 10:37 AM
    hello, I have almost same problem.. I would do this: check if u can disable these unwanted apps.later you can download an app from play store - it's called Greenify (and you select apps you want to automatically hibernate)
    plus another good option you can give it a try is to download an app called No Root Firewall
    =>> you will see all your apps and IP address they want to connect to
    if u deny access to Internet (wifi plus mobile data) they won't be able to show you those unwanted adds
    if you have any questions just ask me.
    Thanks , this is helpful. I'll check out No Root Firewall.... the malware apps are actually the phones default launcher and another app called Wireless Update.
    I cannot get rid of these without rooting, and rooting has a good chance of turning this Juning phone into a brick (as other have said).
    08-03-2018 10:40 AM
    I would do a reset, and avoid adding those apps. If the phone's stock launcher caused this, one of the first things I would do is install a different one and try to disable the stock one.
    djrakowski likes this.
    08-03-2018 10:56 AM
    I would do a reset, and avoid adding those apps. If the phone's stock launcher caused this, one of the first things I would do is install a different one and try to disable the stock one.
    thanks, - I replaced it with the google-launcher, but Cool Launcher still runs as a process no matter what I do. The only way to stop this Cool Launcher is to root and uninstall it, and then I risk bricking.
    Actually the post above recommending NoRoot Firewall seems to be wroking for me at the moment. Its stopping Cool Launcher get to the internet, and for the moment I've seen no adware. I'll keep monitoring it.
    08-03-2018 11:00 AM
    Killing an app doesn't prevent it from running later. Running a different launcher, unless you choose Always, doesn't change the default launcher. If you're satisfied with the Google launcher (I wasn't, I replaced it with Nova Launcher), you'll have to uninstall Cool Launcher, which probably means rooting. The same with Wireless Update - since the company isn't making phones any longer, they aren't issuing updates any longer, so you can uninstall that - but the phone has to be rooted.

How? You can try all the usual one-click root methods, King Root, Kingo, iRoot, etc. (Unfortunately, without a model number, I can't find much for you. And it looks as if Juning used a MediaTek SoC, so there may not be any way of rooting the phone yet discovered.)

(And the specs don't seem to be anything usable in 2018 - ROM, RAM or phone.)
    08-03-2018 01:23 PM
    How? You can try all the usual one-click root methods, King Root, Kingo, iRoot, etc. (Unfortunately, without a model number, I can't find much for you. And it looks as if Juning used a MediaTek SoC, so there may not be any way of rooting the phone yet discovered.)
    thanks,
    King Root works on this phone, but there is a very high risk of bricking. I've seen some of those phones rooted ok, but many brick. Its random for some reason, I don't even know if Juning have built in something that checks Cool Launcher etc.
    08-03-2018 01:31 PM
    Have you tried going into settings and apps and under the stock launcher tried removing the permission of accessing WiFi and internet?
    08-03-2018 05:43 PM
    This solved the issue for me. I simply used NoRoot to block Cool Launcher = no more annoying full-screen adware every 2 minutes.
    I dont know why Juning do this? They have stopped selling smart phones now I think but they do their brand no favors.
    08-06-2018 11:17 AM
    This solved the issue for me. I simply used NoRoot to block Cool Launcher = no more annoying full-screen adware every 2 minutes.
    I dont know why Juning do this? They have stopped selling smart phones now I think but they do their brand no favors.
    They may have sold out to advertise to help increase the income.
    08-06-2018 03:09 PM