Hangouts stops making or receiving calls recently

Mary 3

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Hangout was working fine for a long time until after recent updates. I cannot make or receive phone calls. I checked all the settings and they are right. If I uninstall Hangouts and Hangouts dialer and reinstall them again, they will work until I turn off my phone. The same problem comes back when I turn my phone back on again. It is a pain in the neck to uninstall and restore them every time I turn off my phone. I had no such problem in the past, before the recent updates. I have an older phone running Android 4.1.1. When making a call, instead of connecting the call, it leaves the Hangouts screen and goes to the phone's home screen instead. At first, I thought the Norton Security app was blocking Hangouts. I uninstalled it, but Hangouts still does not work.

Mary 3

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
HTC, Android 4.1.1. I think the problem is caused by recent Hangouts updates. Don't know why they update so frequently and not thoroughly tested before releasing updates. From now on, if something is working, I will not download Google updates. I had problems with gmail, Google and Chrome updates too. Many people posted similar problems on the Hangouts forum. Maybe members here can come up with a work arround.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/?noredirect=true#!categories/hangouts

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781