Wired headset adapter

Hesperus

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a wired headset guy. I'm on the cordless landline all day and run a Plantronics MX500 under ear headset. I used same in my cell phone. Been doing this so long that I can't stand to hold a phone any more. I have tried bluetooth, but haven't found anything that sounds or works as well as my Plantronics.

I'm looking to make the move to a Droid X. With the 3.5mm jack I'll be needing an adapter for my 2.5mm headset. My research tells me that the this is a tricky subject. I'm not worried about playing music, just getting speaker and Mic communications. Sounds like the Iphone TTY adapter is the best solution as it is a straight plug with no cable to break and it actually works. Any other suggestions?

Hesperus

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Stopped into Scrap Shack and found a 3.5 to 2.5 stereo to stereo adapter. Not certain that it works completely, but it functions.

I also picked up a Plantronics Savor 1100 bluetooth unit to try based on good reviews that I have seen.

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've ben looking into a nice headset our earpiece too....was thinking about blue ant. I would however like one that plays music..any suggestions

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Funky Cricket

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I use the plantronics voyager 955.

It's a BT headset/stero headphones combo. Sometimes I sound a bit weak to other end, but not often and phone and music playback are decent.

for wired, I still use the pair that came with my Palm Pre-. Works good for noisy server rooms and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781