why is my Wi-Fi coming on automatically when I start screen mirroring? Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Knotdageek

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Up until 2 days ago I was able to screen mirror by connecting to my Roku without using Wi-Fi. The significance of two days ago is that is when I was trying to use my phone's hotspot to connect my PC because my internet was temporarily down. And doing so I must have changed a setting or two and now every time I select screen mirroring my Wi-Fi automatically starts up. this is a problem because the part of the house that I'm trying to screen mirror in does not have a good Wi-Fi signal. If I let it connect and then turn the Wi-Fi off, it turns the screen mirroring off as well. Does anybody have an idea of what setting I may have changed?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Screen Mirroring uses wifi. (Roku isn't Screen Mirroring, it's a device that connects your phone to to the dongle.) "Screen Mirroring" is Samsung's protocol to connect a Samsung phone to a Samsung Smart TV. Roku uses Wifi - I don't know why you never noticed it.

Knotdageek

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
I understand that Roku uses Wi-Fi to connect to the internet for streaming. I have used it for screen mirroring many times. I understand screen mirroring to be where my phone's screen appears on the TV. If that is correct, I have been screen mirroring through the Roku without Wi-Fi. thank you for your input.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you've been doing it without WiFi, how is the phone connecting to the screen? There has to be SOME kind of connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21