Why is Nokia 6.1 Plus phone getting disconnected from WiFi at close range?

SayanDey

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I am facing the most odd issue imaginable here. My new Nokia 6.1 Plus phone keeps getting disconnected from my WiFi router at close range, i.e. in the same room where the router is placed. But it works just fine in the other rooms (far away from the router). This is happening only for this particular phone and not the other ones. I have tried resetting the network settings in my phone, but to no avail. I have even tried restarting the WiFi router, but to no use. Has anybody faced this strange issue and if yes, what was the solution?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it fails at particular points in the room, the same points that other phones don't, the only thing I can think of is its Bluetooth radio. Try turning Bluetooth off and see if it still happens. If it does, and the phone is still new, ask for an exchange. (It's a non-repeatable problem, the carrier or seller probably won't be able to reproduce it, and - backed by 46 years of communications electronics - I can't see any situation that would cause it. And without being able to reproduce it, they can't verify it. You probably can't even verify it by going into the carrier's store - it's something to do with where you are - but I can't figure out anything that could do it, except tiny little ultra-low-power transmitters on 2.4 GHz planted in that room - which is a bit paranoid thinking.)

So just see if you can get the phone replaced.

Have I ever encountered anything even vaguely similar? No. Being on the other side of a microwave oven when it's running will kill wifi (they're very close in frequency), having the antenna disconnected inside the phone, or having it damaged will cause you to lose wifi unless you're right near the router - but it won't work in the next room. Your situation appears to be unique.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user