I was looking into trading my wife's S7E into Samsung for the Note 9, but I know they can be sketchy when it comes to accruals crediting you the full amount on a phone that should qualify. Does anyone know if a non-functioning mic would drop it to the base $25 credit? It seems to record video ok, but the mic for calls doesn't seem to work.
    09-21-2018 10:12 AM
    It would. They get SUPER picky, and they do test the whole thing. You might get lucky and get a lazy inspection, but most will try to get out of the full trade-in with any excuse (tiny scratches on the screen, for instance...because they're ON the screen). I'd rather try to go somewhere that takes in-store trade ins, they check WAY less.
    09-21-2018 10:56 AM
    I'd rather try to go somewhere that takes in-store trade ins, they check WAY less.
    I agree and that's what we generally do, but the Samsung direct offer of the watches is much better for us than what Verizon is offering for a promo.
    09-21-2018 11:14 AM
    Is that difference worth the high risk though? My brother sent his S8 in, near-perfect conditions... Came back as 25 bucks because it had a 'wiggle' in the USB port. It charged, it did everything, but a little wiggle. He's still fighting the claim, but since you can't get the phone back and they only send out the blurriest of pictures as inspection, well...
    09-21-2018 11:17 AM
    Is that difference worth the high risk though? My brother sent his S8 in, near-perfect conditions... Came back as 25 bucks because it had a 'wiggle' in the USB port. It charged, it did everything, but a little wiggle. He's still fighting the claim, but since you can't get the phone back and they only send out the blurriest of pictures as inspection, well...
    Hence why I was asking ahead of time.
    09-21-2018 11:18 AM