What is the voice calling capability found in Gmail called officially? I've been trying to search for solutions for this, but I don't even know what to call it- Google has SO many voice services now (chat, talk, voice, etc) that all sound like the same thing, yet aren't!

Here's what I'm looking to do:
    I used the phone call function in Gmail to call abroad a few weeks ago via my laptop. I put about $10 into my balance there because it was cheaper per minute to call outside the US than Skype was. Worked perfectly.

Now, I'm trying to see if I can replace my netbook with a Tablet, so I'm trying to make those same calls from Android. I'll be honest, I'm wishing I had picked Skype to put the $10 credit on! Skype seems pretty straight forward- install it on the android device, make calls. But I've already spent the $10 on Google, so I'd like to find a way to make this work!

I tried going to Gmail from the browser and seeing if there was a link to install an app or something to make calls (like there is on the desktop side of things), but there is nothing there (ok, I didn't really expect it to work like that, but worth a try).
    Is this part of a google chat application or something? Or is there no way to use that calling credit on an Android device??
    06-05-2011 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD