I've had a new Galaxy Tab S4 for about a week now. Friday morning I started getting 'undeliverable' emails from Russian mailboxes. Sure enough I had "sent" emails from my Outlook account. Well, something sent the emails. Of course, there are more sent than deliverable. Most are mail.ru accounts but there are others like gmail.com.

Short of doing a factory reset is there anyway to hunt it down? Are there services or would Samsung help. I have no trouble doing the reset, but have no idea where this or when this happened. Could data or system files (root) be infected? Re-downloading from the play store all of the apps would ensure they're clean.

I don't even know what to call what I have

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Interesting issue with my email bot is that the Outlook widget is not showing the malware caused undeliverable emails. They appear only in the main app.
    10-07-2018 08:05 PM
    Download Malwarebytes from PlayStore and see if it Finds Anything
    10-07-2018 08:39 PM
    You might want to log into your Google account from another device and change your password, just to be safe.
    10-07-2018 08:43 PM
    You might wanna try different reputable antivirus apps (one after the other of course if any you try don't spot a culprit). I'm tempted to suggest something like the default antivirus that came with your phone (i.e. Knox for Samsung, etc.) but not sure yet.
    10-08-2018 12:56 PM
    You might want to log into your Google account from another device and change your password, just to be safe.
    Thanks a bunch. Didn't think about that
    10-08-2018 04:16 PM
    You might wanna try different reputable antivirus apps (one after the other of course if any you try don't spot a culprit). I'm tempted to suggest something like the default antivirus that came with your phone (i.e. Knox for Samsung, etc.) but not sure yet.
    So far, I tried deep scan Malwarebytes and premium Norton. Neither found a thing. I don't know much at all about Knox. I'll dig into it and possibly give it a try. Last resort, I guess, before reset is contacting Norton and/or Samsung.
    10-08-2018 04:24 PM