General lagging and starting with stock launcher

hermunn123

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been laggy lately (presumably due to having low internal storage space... I will be rooting soon to help with that issue). This morning I was using my phone and it completely froze. After 20 or so minutes it was still stuck so I pulled the battery and restarted it. When it came back, it had reverted back to the stock launcher app (I use Launcher Pro). I held down the power button and did a restart at this point. When it came back, it was on Launcher Pro and all my configurations were correct.

Fast forward to now, it was being laggy and would not connect to the 3G network (I'm in Austin and I can always get 3G) so I did a restart. Started up with the stock launcher (arg!). My phone settings said that LP was configured to be the default app but it clearly wasn't starting up... I pulled the battery and put it back in, same thing... stock launcher. I removed the LP default setting hoping to be able to reset it as the default but now I can't even figure out where to go to configure LP as the default...

Any help? This is pissing me off...

Phone: HTC EVO

hermunn123

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded "Home Switcher" which is what LP suggests using if you can't get LP to work.

I set LP as the default and starting configuring it (I lost my LP settings)... and now HTC Sense is back to the default! I didn't switch it back myself.. it just did it on its own!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
First I would clear up some space for LP to work in.

Under Applications, clear the cache from all of your apps. Also go through your SMS messages and start clearing them out as well. Too many SMS messages will cause havoc with lag. Lastly do the same with Email. Clear out the ones you don't need. I keep no more than 3 days email on my phone and it helps quite a bit.

Once you've cleared up some space LP should start behaving itself.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX