Hi, I had been searching for a solution but did not see any results specific to our notification reminder experience so, in case it helps anyone else, I just wanted to document that in order
    to get repeating notification reminders to work
    my wife and I needed to set the phone AND contacts switches to 'on' in Accessibility, notification reminders on our Galaxy S8+ and S9+ running Android 8.0

History: We just wanted notification reminders for phone calls so we turned all the switches to off and just set phone to on. We found that if we set just the phone switch on, we did not receive intermittent reminders (1 minute, 3 minutes, etc), but if we have phone and contacts turned on in notification reminders then the periodic notification reminders worked.

Would be interested if anyone else experienced this or had additional thoughts to share.

Thanks! Rick
    10-20-2018 11:52 PM
    Probably the 'missed call' notification is coming from the Contacts app/service, and only the ongoing ones are coming from the Phone. If you didn't have voicemail (or if your carrier doesn't cut off the line after not picking up for a set period of time), for instance, you could test this by letting it ring, and in theory, after a minute (if that's your reminder set time) you'd see the Phone app re-notify you that someone is calling. Once you hang up, the notification is cleared (thus, the reminder doesn't work, as only persistent or active notifications would be picked up). Enter the Contacts app, that for some reason, seems to be the one displaying the 'missed call' notification. And THAT is what your reminder is coming from .
    10-21-2018 04:02 PM