Here is what I did: I went back to stock Froyo in order to update to the new GB build for Droid X. When I was at Froyo, and I went to About Phone, I accidently went to the Software Update and it began downloading the Verizon OTA GB. Not wanting this version, I wound up turning on airplane mode so that it would not complete the download and try to install this version. I think quickly loaded the zip files needed to update the phone to the rooted version of the official GB leak that I found online. So now I'm updated to GB, but the phone apparently still thinks its downloading the update, although there is no status bar to show that it is downloading. I occasionally get pop ups saying download failed, and I have to click OK. If I go back to About Phone and Software Updates, it says there is a download in progress, and i will be notified when it is complete and when I click OK it says download failed again.

Is there somewhere to go or something to delete so that the phone doesn't still think its downloaded software when it really isn't?
    06-08-2011 10:16 AM
    this thing is driving me nuts. hoping someone can help. I really don't want to sbf again. spent hours getting my phone back up and running today with all my apps and such.
    06-08-2011 12:36 PM
    am i on the wrong message board or something? where's all the experts at
    06-08-2011 02:08 PM
    thanks to nobody, I figured it out myself.
    06-09-2011 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD