How to keep ram usage down? Nexus 4gs

Spetsnazos

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get my ram usage down. Constantly when I go to app killer I see all sorts of stuff running that I never open like facebook or music. Just opening my phone I see maps, google search, music, gallery, clock and android system info on already. When I kill the apps I clear it up and then again it comes back.

Id like to keep ram usage down, anyone have tips?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, for starters, I would check on auto-updates, and your syncs on all your apps.

App killers, although good in theory, do nothing more than kill the app at that time. If your app is scheduled to do a check/sync at 15 minute intervals, for example, that's exactly what they will do, in a lot of cases.

Check the settings on each app. And if you don't use an app, uninstall it, or set it to manual if you can.

Reactions: srkmagnus

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Mr Moscow Desires suggestions are spot on.

Personally, I wouldn't worry much about it. It's not like Windows, where you have to have free RAM for things to run right. Linux (upon which Android is based) is actually very good at managing its RAM. To this day, I have no idea how much free RAM I have, as I've never looked.

Most apps are idle or not running anyway. Yes, it still "consumes" memory, but the Android kills them if it needs the room.

Just let the system run, stop using the the task killer, and you might be surprised how well things run....

Reactions: srkmagnus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674