Hello.

So, I just got a new phone (Samsung S9) today, added a few things by plugging it in on my computer, such as a wallpaper and a ringtone, and it suddenly says the internal memory is full for some reason.

I haven't downloaded any apps, and the files I added use about 50mb of space, which should be FAR from the 16gb of free space the phone is supposed to have...

Whenever I go to "storage", it indeed tells me there's about 50mbs of stuff on the phone, but somehow, the phone still behaves as if full. I've tried to manually empty the cache for each app, but there wasn't much to clean... since everything is new.

Any idea what might cause this?
    11-11-2018 04:31 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is a Galaxy S9? The S9's lowest storage option is 64 GB, which after accounting for the OS and any preinstalled bloatware probably leaves the user with about 52 GB of available storage. There is no 16 GB version. If it says it's an S9, it might be a clone or knockoff -- where did you get the phone from?

Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    11-11-2018 05:00 PM
    Ah, this could explain a lot. I got it from Wish, and these guys are known for providing knockoffs.

It's probably all junk inside, and doesn't work properly...

Brand new phone, added a wallpaper, says internal memory is already full... ?-screenshot_2018-11-11-23-08-55.png
    Screenshot probably won't help. Actual available space is next to non-existent for some reason, even though there's almost nothing on the phone. I get the "insufficient internal memory" pop-up every 15/20 sec.
    11-11-2018 05:13 PM
    Yeah, it's most likely a knockoff. They can be very convincing on the outside. If you're able to, try installing CPU-Z to see which CPU it has. If it's not Qualcomm or Samsung (which means it's probably Mediatek), then it's fake. Can you return it?
    11-11-2018 05:51 PM
    It is apparently Mediatek, yes.

I feel incredibly sorry and stupid for wasting your time. I'll try returning it, thank you for all the help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-11-2018 05:54 PM
    Not a waste of time at all. This kind of thing is important for people to know, so hopefully it'll also be informative for others facing the same issue. Hope you can find a genuine S9 to enjoy soon! In case you're interested, I saw this deal over at DailySteals.com -- a grade A refurbished 64 GB S9+ for $499 using coupon code S950: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=BdwfxsTU
    11-11-2018 09:12 PM