I'm new to Android TV - just purchased two Sony Bravia TVs with built-in Android TV. Can I clear unwanted icons (apps, recommendations, etc) from the screen? The Home screen is too cluttered with stuff I don't want to see every time I turn on the Sony TV. I've tried uninstalling apps and other Home Screen settings but no luck. I want to customize my home screen to simplify it but it appears Android TV has programmed several fixed images or icons that can't be removed
    11-12-2018 10:41 PM
    Have you tried long-pressing an icon you want to get rid of? There should be a menu when you do that, with a Delete choice.

Or just drag one unwanted app to another, and they should form a folder. Keep dragging unwanted apps to that folder. You'll still have one folder, but just one, not many.

[Second post added to original thread to avoid duplicate answers.]
    11-12-2018 10:54 PM
    I'm new to Android TV - just purchased two Sony Bravia TVs with built-in Android TV. Can I clear unwanted icons (apps, recommendations, etc) from the screen? Its too cluttered with stuff I don't want to see every time I turn it on. I've tried uninstalling apps and other Home Screen settings changes but no luck. I want to customize my home screen but it appears Android TV is programmed several fixed images or icons that can't be removed?
    11-13-2018 12:54 PM
    My devices are not portable (smart phones or tablets) - they are a 65" TV and 42" TV with Android TV control built in. I'll experiment with them, but I don't think the cons are accessible by touch or drag (I can only select the icons with TV remotes).
    11-16-2018 05:42 AM