HELP - How to fix Verizon Samsung Note 5 reboot loop with No Command after reset to factory settings

Phone screen locked-up and would not respond to touches, power, home or volume buttons. Performed a hard re-start by simultaneously depressing the power & volume down buttons and selecting re-start when the recovery type screen appeared.

Restarted phone then froze again, then a third time after performing the same procedure.

After the 3rd freeze I chose to fully shut down the phone. On turning the phone on it got stuck in a re-start/shut-down loop.

Then I chose to do a factory reset thinking that the culprit was possibly an app.

The factory reset resulted in the "resting Android" image under the attention/alert symbol with "No command" below them.

It stays on that screen for about a minute, restarts the phone, shows "installing system update" under the Android with a spinning belly. Then the "resting Android" image under the attention/alert symbol with "No command" appears again, and then it restarts the never-ending loop.

I can get to the recovery screen again but no matter which option I choose it's all the same result and sometimes the phone just restarts the loop before I can make a selection.

Battery is not removable.

Is this brick now only good for building a wall?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
    11-12-2018 11:22 PM
    Can you get to the download screen? (Volume Down+Home+Power) Then to download mode with Volume Up? If you can, you can reflash the firmware - see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.
    11-13-2018 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the reply but no such luck.

When I do that no matter which option I choose it's all the same result and the phone just begins the restart loop before I can make a selection. This even happens if I try to select to shut the phone off.

It's done for - I am getting an older model (refurbished) phone to hold me over until the Note 10 comes out next year.

This thread should close - I don't know how to do that.
    11-14-2018 04:10 PM