With some of my contacts when i created them I added their DOB. But I do not get any reminder or notification that it is coming up. I have read older posts without much luck and was wondering if any new ideas have come up.
    Without harping on about windows phone. But this was a stock standard feature. You add a contact. Add their DOB and the day before hand it sits on your front screen saying tomorrow its joe blows birth day.
    So I would like to assume that google has a simple solution for this... Or this another case of never assume.
    PS. I'd prefer not to have to use a 3rd party app or have to go through and set a reminder to the calendar for each instance. Wishful thinking???

running on huawei mate 10 pro with andriod 8
    11-25-2018 05:54 PM
    It's a bit clunky -- you can see all of your contacts' birthdays in the Birthdays calendar in Google Calendar, but in order to create a notification for them, you have to copy the birthday to your personal calendar, then create a notification there. See this article: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-add-...lendar-1172173. If you select a birthday in the Birthdays calendar, click the menu button associated with that, and it'll give you a list of copy options for all of your calendars.
    11-26-2018 01:25 AM
    Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it. I think you were being kind when you said a bit clunky. haha. I'm not sure why things need to be so difficult. But I guess thats welcome to the new age...
    11-26-2018 04:22 PM
    I used to get notifications on the old Google Now, but those were for people in my Google+ Circles, and not Contacts (and we all know where all of that is going).
    11-26-2018 04:28 PM
    Just read how to get birthday notifications by B. Diddy. Followed the instructions for my Samsung Galaxy S7. Checked the notifications to make sure they were active. Result is NO notifications.
    Question: Does the personal calendar have to be visible in the smartphone? If so, then I get two events or reminders for each birthday.

Can you please help?

Bob (You can sign me frustrated)
    06-07-2019 11:45 AM