1. anon62607's Avatar
    Hey guys, I have a mt4G that I took with me to Afghanistan. I've gotten it unlocked and have a local (roshan) SIM card in it and it's working fine and even with GPRS and occasional EDGE data service.

    The problem is that (according to SPB Wireless Monitor) I'm using about 14 MB a day which eats up the credit pretty quickly, overnight without me using it at all "Settings" used about 5 MB. Some of that would be "accounts and sync" but I have sync turned off (which means it should still sync mail and so on when I manually sync, right?)

    The t-mobile "Setup" utility is listed too - but the SPB wireless monitor doesn't break down everything in "Settings" any more than lumping them all together.

    Any advice on this?
    06-11-2011 07:52 AM
  2. Moscow Desire's Avatar
    Seems like you have several apps checking for updates.

    Unfortunately, you're going to have to go into each app you suspect, and check the settings individually. Check for the frequency they update, and if you can, either extend the frequency, or select Never or Manual.

    Also, check all e-mail accounts, and widgets (weather widgets, news widgets, especially) for frequency.

    Usually, turning Sync off, may not mean that the app won't go and check, it just means it's not going to sync. It will still access data unless you tell it not to.

    And, Don't forget FB. You can always turn notifications off, and check it manually.

    EDIT: one more thing, there is an app called Droidwall, that may help you track down which apps are accessing the net without your permission.
    06-12-2011 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD