Viewing phone on computer.

critta71

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Have a galaxy S5 that i need to get information of. Its my wifes. She dropped and broke the screen. phone still fires up . Can ring it.. send message to it. but the issue is cannot see the screen as it has been cracked.
Is there software that i can install on computer(windows 10). then connect phone to it and view everything on it. (or at least retrive everything off it. msgs. contacts photos etc)
Remembering I can not view the phone to install anything on it. It all has to be done via the computer.
Cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...de-accessing-locked-phone-cracked-screen.html

In addition to getting past the lockscreen this way, you'll also have to swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB icon, and make sure MTP is selected, all without seeing the screen. It'd help if you had another S5 that you can practice with, so that you know exactly where to click.

If you search the web, you'll probably find a number of companies that claim to have programs allowing you to access a broken phone's data using a computer -- I'd be cautious with those, because their ads and tactics all seem pretty shady to me (and the programs typically cost a bit of money).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay