I have the Amazon shopping and the E-bay. When my daughter sends me a link to either site it opens in my default browser which is Opera Touch but doesn't open in the shopping apps or even give me a choice to choose an app. I have the Hauwei P20, which I'm pretty new to so still getting the hang of where everything is! Any ideas please? Many thanks in advance.
    12-05-2018 12:11 PM
    Http links are to web browsers. If Amazon or eBay developed new protocols, the links wouldn't be to http:// they'd be to something else. for instance, for International Relay Chat, the link starts irc://, for file transfer it starts ftp://. If the links she's sending you begin http://, that says "feed this to a web browser", so it won't open a different app. (Neither Amazon's app oe eBay's app are web browsers.) But Opera probably opens to the right page. (If it doesn't, she's sending you links to the site's landing page, like amazon.com or ebay.com.)
    12-05-2018 02:12 PM
    I have the Amazon shopping and the E-bay apps. When my daughter sends me a link to either site it opens in my default browser which is Opera Touch but doesn't open in the shopping apps or even give me a choice to choose an app. I have the Hauwei P20, which I'm pretty new to so still getting the hang of where everything is! Any ideas please? Gilly
    12-06-2018 09:57 AM
    [Merged duplicate post]
    12-06-2018 12:42 PM
    Hi and thanks for that reply. She is sending the correct links but I'm pretty sure that on my S6 and 7 I was able to set my shopping apps as the defaults for those links. I know there are work arounds such as copy/paste into the apps but I'm sure it worked on the Samsungs before. However as I said my son is also having this issue on his Samsung note so I'll relay your reply his way too. Many thanks.
    12-07-2018 08:45 AM