Deleted gmsnet2.jpg.jpg from Pixel 2

liciucosmin88

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
HELLO ! I think i did a bad thing and i need your help . Accidentally i have erased the gmsnet2.jpg.jpg from Android/data/com.google.android.gms/files. This happened 3 days ago. I have restarted the phone but it not reappeared. I did something bad ? Shall i download t from the internet and put it back? What was this file for and what are the risks for not having it.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP !!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's actually a square white picture - nothing on it but white, about half the screen. If you've never seen that on the screen, I wouldn't worry about it.

(It's actually gmsnet2.jpg.) I'm attaching it, but as you can see, it's nothing. (It's actually one pixel wide by 1 pixel high - I just checked it out - so forget the "half screen" thing. Oops - make that 800 wide by 600 high. 96dpi. But it won't upload here as anything for some reason. And Paint.net considers it a background layer. )

(If I could figure out how to upload a .zip file, I'd put it here for you to download - we used to be able to, but even though I upload it to the file manager, it doesn't show in the file manager.)

Attachments

• gmsnet2.jpg
    gmsnet2.jpg
    159 bytes · Views: 14
Last edited:

liciucosmin88

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
It's actually a square white picture - nothing on it but white, about half the screen. If you've never seen that on the screen, I wouldn't worry about it.

(It's actually gmsnet2.jpg.) I'm attaching it, but as you can see, it's nothing. (It's actually one pixel wide by 1 pixel high - I just checked it out - so forget the "half screen" thing. Oops - make that 800 wide by 600 high. 96dpi. But it won't upload here as anything for some reason. And Paint.net considers it a background layer. )

(If I could figure out how to upload a .zip file, I'd put it here for you to download - we used to be able to, but even though I upload it to the file manager, it doesn't show in the file manager.)

THANK YOU RUKBAT but :
I know but i read this:
sd_card_test
Attempts to understand if the SD card has been tampered with. This creates a JPEG file named gmsnet2.jpg on the SD card, fills it with some hard-coded content. IT then analyses if the length of the file matches a hard-coded value and verifies if the written bytes match what was sent, byte by byte. I am not sure I understand why this check exists and under what security-related conditions it would fail.

on this link
https://koz.io/inside-safetynet/

and i think google was using somehow that image for some security stuff
SO, SHALL I PUT IT BACK THERE OR NOT? TILL I DELETED I DID NOT SEE SOME STTRANGE BEHAVIOUR SOMEHOW BUT ALSO IT DID NOT RECREATED

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech